The customer is a leading banking firm, which offers a complete range of financial services to agriculture and retail businesses, large and mid-corporates, and MSME sector.
The Need for End-to-End Automated Application Platform
The customer was looking to transform their existing platform to achieve increased efficiency and uniform deployment of applications. Their existing platform inhibited the potential for innovation and speed-to-market. Their focus was to achieve a continuous delivery platform for agility and high responsiveness to changing demands.
Blazeclan’s Platform Modernization Solution
Blazeclan helped the customer with the application platform modernization and support. This involved transforming their existing platform into an end-to-end DevSecOps platform, which would be used for deploying applications on the customer’s AWS environment.
Blazeclan’s team employed the Agile Methodology to enable continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) along with monitoring for hindrances or risks. The initial deployment of the platform was carried out in 6 months, followed by onboarding of 3 applications in next 3 months approximately. The steady-state of the platform was achieved altogether in 9 months. From this stage onwards, Blazeclan provided continuous support to the platform along with slight enhancements for maintain high performance. The features of the end-to-end DevSecOps platform involved
- Bitbucket and Jenkins Master/Slave for continuous build and integration
- Integration with Checkmarx for Static code security
- Integration of Jenkins with JFrog Artifactory and Amazon EKS
- Deployment into Amazon EKS, wherein Kubernetes is used as the container orchestrator
- Integration with Prometheus and Grafana for monitoring
- Use of Terraform for infrastructure as code
Benefits Achieved by the Customer
- The developers had complete control of the cloud deployment even as maintaining the system security.
- The new cloud environment boosted the system efficiency significantly with near-zero manual intervention.
- Automatic dynamic and static testing was established for the customer’s environment.
- On-demand feature release became feasible along with high quality.