About the Company
The company operates a network of Television Channels. It offers Crime based Reality Thriller, Fiction, Crime based Family, Comedy, Horror Reality, Celebrity Cooking Shows, and Drama Series.
The company offers its services in India, the United States, the United Kingdom, Africa, the Middle East, Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Nepal, Bangladesh, Maldives, and Malaysia.
The customer broadcasts more than 15 original television shows daily on its multiple channels. The shows once broadcasted on TV, are then published to their content syndicate partners like YouTube and Brightcove targeting a worldwide audience and getting an additional revenue stream.
The challenge was that publishing to these two channels was a long and tiring manual process, with the contracts with channels driven by timelines (content to be published within hours of TV broadcast). A team of people had to sit through the night transcoding more than 15 shows and publishing them one by one to different channels.
The lack of automation presented the customer with a business need to automate the process, make it free from human errors and archive the transcoded content to a central repository.
As part of the Video Asset Management & Publishing Framework initiative, four processes were designed, developed, implemented on the client’s Amazon Web Services infrastructure.
Automatic Ingestion of Content
- The media files are automatically ingested in the workflow by the application, the files just need to be put in a specific folder on a local server or an Amazon S3 bucket.
- The application picks up the file and ingests it to the application for transcoding and stores the metadata related to the file in the application.
Transcoding Presets for Syndicate Partners
- The application allows the user to create templates for transcoding.
- Once the transcoding templates are created, users can associate the templates with specific files and shows to be transcoded.
Transcoding and Publishing Content
- Once the files are ingested, the files will be transcoded based on the transcoding presets associated with the files.
- Transcoding can happen in parallel for multiple files in the application reducing the time to publish.
Archival and Retrieval of Content
- Once the files are published to the syndicate partners, they are archived on to Amazon Glacier, a low cost secured archive storage on AWS Cloud.
- The users can then retrieve the files using the files search in the application to download the content from Amazon Glacier.
- The files could be downloaded from glacier to be published to other syndicate partners that are newly on-boarded.
Blazeclan’s solution offered the following functionalities that positively impacted digital asset publishing:
- Manage the end to end process of content publishing
- Enable automated distribution and/or syndication of digital content
- Manage the archival and retrieval of media files
- Automate and speed up the time to market for the content
- Focus valuable manpower to do innovation and not the overhead work
|Amazon EC2||Amazon S3|
|Elastic Transcoding Services||Glacier|