A significant challenge for any business in the current predicament is maintaining user experience. When your system has monoliths at its core, providing a seamless user experience is challenging. A simple reason is the single point of failure. So, if one service fails, it can lead to a chain of losses due to a monolithic structure. SaaS-based microservices architecture does help you avoid a single point of failure but has specific complexities of communications between services. So, how do you make sure you have an optimal system?
To ensure an efficient SaaS implementation with microservice architecture, you can opt for Agile methodology- “WHY?”
Because Agile methodology helps you implement microservices-based SaaS apps in smaller increments. It helps you improve with each incremental change and integrates feedback from previous versions. This article will discuss using Agile SaaS implementation, leveraging the microservice architecture.
How Do SaaS Development and Microservices Architecture Go Hand-in-Hand?
SaaS development requires frequent and rapid changes to the software to meet the evolving needs of users. This is why using Agile makes more sense because it allows you to make changes without disrupting the operations.
It also involves multiple teams working on different aspects of the software, such as design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance. Distributed software development teams are another critical reason organizations implement Agile-based SaaS.
According to Forbes, 52% of organizations adopt Agile methodology to manage distributed teams. So, Agile is ideal for SaaS implementation to implement microservices effectively or manage distributed teams. Adopting Agile methods to implement microservices-based SaaS apps requires an expert partner to help you plan the entire iterative process.
Blazeclan is a trusted partner to choose for SaaS implementation. It leverages its expertise in microservices architecture to deliver high-quality SaaS solutions for its clients across various domains and industries.
Industry-leading Technologies and Tools
Blazeclan uses industry-leading technologies and tools to build robust and scalable microservices for SaaS applications. These technologies and tools include
- AWS Lambda enables Blazeclan to create event-driven microservices that respond to triggers from other AWS services or external sources.
- AWS Fargate enables Blazeclan to deploy microservices using Docker containers, which provide portability, consistency, and isolation.
- AWS API Gateway allows Blazeclan to create, publish, maintain, monitor, and secure APIs for microservices.
- AWS CloudFormation enables Blazeclan to automate the deployment and configuration of microservices.
Microservices Architecture for SaaS Implementation
Microservices architecture is a modern approach that divides an extensive application into independent services, each responsible for a specific business capability. Some of the critical benefits of microservice architecture are,
- Improved scalability
- Increased reliability
- Reduced development costs
- Faster time to market
- Improved security
- Easier maintenance and updates
- Improved flexibility
Process-oriented Approach for Agile SDLC
Blazeclan follows a process-oriented approach to ensure an Agile and user-friendly SaaS development life cycle. Some of the critical steps in this approach are:
- Discovery: Blazeclan conducts a thorough analysis of the client’s business requirements, goals, challenges, and expectations. It also identifies the target users and their needs, preferences, and pain points.
- Design: It creates a high-level design of the SaaS solution, defining the scope, features, functionality, user interface, user experience, and architecture.
- Development: Blazeclan develops microservices using the chosen technologies and tools, following the best practices of coding standards, testing frameworks, version control systems, and code reviews.
- Deployment: It deploys microservices to the cloud environment using automated tools such as AWS CloudFormation.
- Maintenance: Blazeclan provides ongoing support and maintenance for the SaaS solution, ensuring its reliability, security, and scalability. Using continuous delivery pipelines.
Ensuring Compliance with Regulations
Blazeclan ensures GDPR compliance and data security in an Agile approach to SaaS implementation. Some of the critical measures that Blazeclan takes to ensure compliance are:
Multi-tenancy provides many customers with their desired services while maintaining the security and compliance of each solution.
Blazeclan routinely trains staff on the latest AWS security and compliance features. As a result, they can implement them to safeguard the SaaS solutions.
#3. Compliance and Security Frameworks
Blazeclan still has to adhere to SaaS industry standards and laws, which it can achieve using the AWS Artifact Network and AWS Security Central.
Blazeclan may track who created, updated, and deleted specific resources, thanks to AWS multi-factor identification and AWS IAM role.
Blazeclan Used Agile to Implement the SaaS Platform for Cloudlytics
Blazeclan assessed Cloudlytics for SaaS integration, creating a detailed orchestration plan with multiple phases.
- Cloudlytics provides cloud posture management solutions to transform its on-premises software into a cloud-based SaaS platform.
- It required a reliable and flexible platform that could meet the changing needs of its customers.
- Cloudlytics is needed to ensure the security and compliance of its SaaS platform, as it would be handling sensitive customer data.
- Blazeclan, an AWS partner and Agile software development expert was brought in to help Cloudlytics with the migration and transformation of its platform.
- It has helped Cloudlytics develop a comprehensive Agile roadmap that included breaking the project into smaller, manageable tasks and prioritizing them based on business value.
- Blazeclan recommended using AWS cloud services, including AWS CloudFormation, AWS S3, and AWS EC2, to provide a scalable and secure platform for Cloudlytics’ SaaS solution.
- It also helped Cloudlytics meet AWS cloud-native security solution compliance and security requirements.
- Cloudlytics’ SaaS platform was successfully migrated to the AWS cloud using Blazeclan’s Agile approach.
- The platform was designed to be scalable, durable, and secure, meeting the changing needs of Cloudlytics’ customers.
- The SaaS platform was successfully launched, and Cloudlytics significantly reduced development time and costs.
- The platform met the security and compliance requirements of Cloudlytics’ customers, including PCI DSS, HIPAA/HITECH, and SOC 2.
Agile SaaS implementation is a great way to leverage the power of microservices architecture to build scalable, reliable, and user-friendly applications. By adopting Agile methodologies, businesses can ensure that their SaaS applications are always up-to-date and meet the needs of their users.
Blazeclan is a trusted partner that can help businesses implement Agile SaaS solutions using industry-leading technologies and tools. So, if you want to SaaSify your business, contact our experts now.