About the Customer
The customer is one of the largest private sector banks, which offers a broad range of financial services to retail, agriculture, MSME, mid-corporate, and large corporate businesses. With a vision of being the preferred financial solutions provider with diligence in insight-led delivery, the bank embraced cloud migration to accelerate its digital journey.
How the Bank Benefits from Blazeclan’s Support
Previously, the bank partnered with Blazeclan to move its workloads and operations to the AWS cloud. However, after achieving the desired migration, the bank sought Blazeclan’s support following a Full-Time Employee (FTE) engagement model.
What started as managed services support later translated into full-time resources of Blazeclan deployed to work within the constraints of the bank’s cloud environment. Aligning the tasks to the scope of FTE engagement enabled the bank to realize the following outcomes.
- Improved quarterly server patching compliance
- Reduced manual labor by automating the agents deployment
- Improved CIS AWS Foundation benchmark score
- Achieved effective monitoring across workloads
- Supported in cost optimization initiatives
- Augmented visibility and reporting of increase/decrease in workloads
Intricacy Faced by the Bank Before Engaging Blazeclan
The bank sought to establish a methodical structure for monitoring their cloud environment, for which they had designed a monitoring tool in-house. Moreover, with the help of its software division, the bank developed a tool internally to record the insights harnessed from the monitoring phase. The bank provided these tools to the Blazeclan team, which made it easy to bring a robust structure in place for monitoring the infrastructure and recording insights in real time.
Activities Involved in FTE Engagement
The Blazeclan team offered 24/7 support to the bank’s AWS accounts. Major activities were proactive monitoring, incident management, problem management, and change management. Our team conducted regular maintenance activity, troubleshooting, and resolving critical system challenges with agility for supported AWS accounts of the bank.
- 24 x 7 monitoring and management of workloads hosted on AWS cloud
- Supporting new builds, configuration, and decommissioning based on the customer requirement
- Maintaining CIS AWS Foundation benchmark score
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and supporting incident and problem management tickets using the monitoring and ticketing tool provided by the bank
- Resource tagging
- Mitigating the risks identified during vulnerability assessment scans
- Data backups
- Tagging AWS resources using scripts
|Amazon API Gateway
|AWS Security Hub
|AWS Certificate Manager