About the Company
The customer is an advertising agency, credited as a firm that gave India its first television commercial. The customer manages 5 out of India’s Top 10 “ Most Trusted brands of India”. In fact, most brands managed by the customer have gone on to become leaders in their respective categories.
Their services include brand communication strategy, concept creation, creating and managing brand campaigns and multimedia production.
Being the torchbearer of advertisements in India, the customer produces numerous videos/ audiovisuals that need to be approved and reviewed by various stakeholders before being published.
Publishing private videos on popular video sharing websites such as YouTube or Vimeo is forbidden by the customer. Hence, they wanted a video sharing platform developed specifically for their internal use. All old files were stored on CDs. They wanted all their content to move to the cloud and be readily available for their internal teams and hence needed a video streaming and asset management platform.
With the goal of developing a video streaming and asset management platform that offers highly available videos, Blazeclan conducted an extensive infrastructure to understand the customer’s existing infrastructure and areas for optimizing it. It was observed that all videos were stored on physical servers which in turn increased their storage costs. Manual sharing of large content within the company was also one of the bottlenecks we have identified.
Blazeclan developed an On-Demand Video Platform for internal use for the customer.
CloudStream was developed to address the existing issues and included additional features like:
- Manage users and grants
- Transcode the videos in different qualities
- Video streaming
- Publish video and/or sharing video
- Manage assets(in this case video ad)
- Publish a videoand create its thumbnail
- Maintain archival files inventory to help speedy retrieval of old files
- A search engine which mines content with reference to keywords
Replaced the physical servers with cloud storage solutions such as AWS Glacier and AWS S3.
- Collaboration: The solution facilitated internal collaboration between teams, resulting in reduced operational time.
- High Availability: The customer now has videos that are highly available across the teams and easily downloadable.
- Automation: Blazeclan assisted the customer in minimizing their manual efforts involved in sharing the content internally by automating the process.
- Storage Cost: The customer could decrease its storage cost by 50%
|AWS NAT Gateway